Article written by

a trainwreck trying to get back on track

9 Responses

1. carla
    carla 16 March, 2011 at 5:49 am | | Reply

I cant wait for mine to start doing that and for me to have to gag down all sorts of weird foodstuffs (I sense thats the path down which mine with trudge :)), SMILE and help her increase her sense of empowerment and self-esteem.

2. Leanne
    Leanne 16 March, 2011 at 5:50 am | | Reply

Of course your the cat's meow!

3. Laurie
    Laurie 16 March, 2011 at 6:21 am | | Reply

This is great for the kids. I think it makes them feel proud to be more independent and to help mommy. Plus, it's not a drag for them yet.
    Great idea, mommacita.

4. Helen
    Helen 16 March, 2011 at 10:05 am | | Reply

I think having kids help ultimately shows them that they are an important part of the family unit. That the machine can't run properly without their contributions. And, it makes them better grown-ups too ;-)

5. Lisa Noel
    Lisa Noel 16 March, 2011 at 11:36 am | | Reply

mmm mac n cheese!! i love it. it's totally what i want. :)

6. Shanilie
    Shanilie 16 March, 2011 at 11:42 am | | Reply

Hi! I know it's been a while but I am contacting my current followers and updating them that I have a new url. Please visit me here: http://www.shanilie.com/ and re-add yourself as a follower! It is a great reference in re-visiting more often. Looking forward to corresponding more in the future!

7. Yum Yucky
    Yum Yucky 16 March, 2011 at 4:14 pm | | Reply

Doh! Ask for help you say? That's probably better than me NOT getting it all done and then husband not having any clean underwear or the kids not having any milk because I didn't shop (yet) and then me responding with "I'm a bad wife and mother" remarks to make them feeling guilty about not helping me. When all I really had to do was? Ask.for.help. (duly noted)

Congratulations on your destressification. ;)

8. Lynda with a Y
    Lynda with a Y 16 March, 2011 at 8:35 pm | | Reply

great job turning it around to something positive! I'm really impressed with your attitude in the midst of some big stressors.

9. Christy @ scrink.com
    Christy @ scrink.com 17 March, 2011 at 9:53 am | | Reply

Hi there, this is a great post and I appreciate you letting me know about it on my flickr page. Asking for help is definitely important and something I struggle with. I often expect myself to be superwoman or She-ra as I like to say. It's good to remind myself, so thank you for that.